I know what it’s like as a small business owner to try and wear 17 hats. And trust me, I don’t look good in hats. I started my digital career about six years ago as a small time single mom blogger. Taught myself from scratch, with a little help from virtual friends along the way.
It wasn’t easy. Most days I wanted to pull my hair out trying to figure out how to do the smallest of tasks. But I’m one of those people who always likes to look at the blessing hidden in a problem. And now, I’m a small business owner who helps others achieve their dreams in this digital kingdom we call the World Wide Web.
Your Time to Shine
This year I’m making a promise to my clients. I promise to make your day a little easier, simpler, more streamlined, and polished. I’ll take the worry and work out of the tasks you’re not equipped to handle. And I’ll make you stand out in this crowded sea of competitors.
Because in a nutshell, that’s my dream job… helping others in small but mighty ways by using my creative muse, natural organizational skills, and management experience. You see, being the center of attention has never been my thing. I don’t need to be the star. But I love helping the stars shine.
Everything has the power to be a force of good or a force of evil. There are lots of ways the internet can be a negative influence in the world today. I’ve chosen to make it a force of positive change in my life. It’s allowed me to harness my innate gifts, learn some new skills, and continually be challenged to grow and expand in many ways.
Being April D. Lewis, Online Business Specialist is my way of giving back. I know what I give my clients is 150% heart and effort. I dedicate my work to you… the unsung, overworked, dreamers trying to hustle it out.
So here’s a list of 10 random facts about me:
- I am a tiny house, urban homesteader, zero waste living, make everything from scratch NUT! Seriously….
- My dad named me. His favorite teacher in college came to school one day and announced that he and his wife had a baby girl and named her April. My dad came home the next weekend and told my grandmother that one day when he had a little girl he was going to name her April. I love that story. So all the teasing I endured growing up being called April, May, June was so worth it.
- I love anything to do with the water, beach, palm trees, etc. I went on vacation to the US Virgin Islands five years ago. I can honestly say those 8 days were the only time in my life I have ever felt true relaxation. Maybe it’s because ever since I was a little girl I’ve always dreamed I’m swimming under water. And while I’m swimming I’m breathing just like the fishies.
- I’m a homemade lip balm freak. Seriously. Ask me how many tubes I have at any given time.
- I played trombone in junior high and high school band, was section leader and all. Most of my best and greatest school memories revolve around a band story.
- I’m a self-professed foodie and love to cook almost more than anything. But, I hate to wash dishes more than ANY other chore. Do you know how torturous that is?
- I’m a single mom. Have been for 18 years, since he was 2. He’s in college now and talk about being the apple of my eye. He’s so good to me-he even checks on my chickens at midnight when we’re getting 12 inches of ice and snow in single digit weather.
- I am working toward my dream of having a laptop lifestyle and pulling a tiny house with my Chevy Suburban while I travel the whole US being the world’s best online business specialist. I’m not ambitious at all… really.
- I have two faults… that I can think of anyway. One, saving money somehow manages to elude me even at 43 years old. And two, well, just don’t ask me about the baby weight.
- I know what it’s like to fight depression and win. It was truly one of the scariest times of my life and one of the most difficult things I’ve ever fought to overcome.